Crazy Chocolate Cake
|When you have a craving for chocolate, whip up a Crazy Chocolate Cake.
What's "crazy" about this cake? No eggs. No mixing bowl. No work.
It's oven ready in 5 minutes and tastes every bit as good as a regular
from scratch cake. Serve it plain or with a sprinkling of powdered
1½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cold water
Yields 9 squares.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into an ungreased 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
3 depressions in the dry ingredients. Pour oil into one, vinegar into
one, and vanilla into one. Pour water over all and mix thoroughly with
a fork to moisten all dry ingredients.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
3 Ways to Make It Better:
Serve with a glass of skim milk. Plenty of bone-building calcium.
- Top with Vanilla Pudding and Pie Mix blended with light tofu. Lots of cancer preventing phytoestrogens.
- Embellish with a scoop of berries for a big fiber bonus.