Sole Baked on a Bed of Vegetables
4 sole fish fillets (4-6 oz each), fresh or frozen and thawed
2 tablespoons Italian dressing
1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place fish in shallow baking dish and brush lightly with Italian dressing. Cover and refrigerate.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and paprika until blended.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Brush 4 individual or one 13" x 9" x 2" (33 x 23 x 5 cm) ovenproof dish with oil.
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, corn, red pepper, onion, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among dishes and cover with
parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake until vegetables are just
tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover dishes and top vegetables with fish fillets. Cover again
and bake until fish is barely cooked and still moist in thickest part,
about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover dishes, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture, and continue
to bake, uncovered, until topping is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: If you don't have sole fish fillets, you can use any other firm white fish fillets.