Crisp Potato Skins with Creamy Mashed Potato Stuffing
4 large (8 oz each) baking potatoes
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk (2%)
3 tablespoons cream cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of grated nutmeg
1/3 cup sour cream
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and rub with olive oil.
- Prick the potatoes in several places with a fork, place in baking
pan and bake for 1 hour or until firm-tender. Leave the oven on.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving 1/4 inch of flesh on the skin. Reserve potato flesh.
- Brush the insides of the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle
with salt; arrange on a baking rack in a roasting pan or broiler pan,
skin side up and bake for another 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, mash potato flash with rest of the salt, Parmesan
cheese, cream cheese, pepper, nutmeg and milk, until nice and smooth.
- Divide mashed potatoes between potato skins, brush top with
melted butter and place back on baking rack. Broil for another 5
minutes or until browned on top.
- Serve warm, garnished with dollops of sour cream and thinly sliced scallions.
Makes 4 servings.