Ingredients for Crust:
1 cup graham crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
Ingredients for Filling:
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Garnish: Lightly sweetened fresh berries or fruit of your choice. Canned fruit can be used if you don't have fresh fruit available.
Makes 12 servings.
- In small bowl, mix together all ingredients for crust.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of 8-inch spring form pan and place in freezer to chill while making filling.
- Sprinkle gelatin into water and let stand for 1 minute. Microwave
on high for about 40 seconds or until gelatin is dissolved and liquid
is clear; let cool slightly. If you don't want to use microwave, you
can use small saucepan and stir gelatin mixture over low heat until
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and ricotta cheese.
Add sugar gradually, beating well with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add yogurt, vanilla, lemon rind, lemon juice and dissolved gelatin to the cheese mixture; beating well until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chilled crust.
- Cover and chill for about 4 to 5 hours or until firm.
- Cut in wedges and garnish with fruit.