Bread Machine Breads
Whole Wheat Bread (2 lb)
1 cup warm water (about 115° F)
1/3 cup warm milk (about 115° F)
3½ teaspoons bread machine yeast
2 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cups bread flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons salt
- Place the water, milk, honey and yeast
in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt to the yeast.
- Select: 2 lb Loaf Size, Dark Crust, Basic
or Whole Wheat Bread setting, and press Start.
NOTE: Bread should be brown on top, not just golden.
Let the loaf cool completely before cutting!
TIP: If you like soft crust, smear the
warm bread crust with butter to keep it soft, but if you like really crusty crust,
then don't do that.
Basic White Bread (2 lb)
1 cup water (about 115° F)
1/2 cup milk (about 115° F)
3 tablespoons honey
1½ teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
4¼ cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place the water, milk, honey, salt and olive oil to the bread machine pan. Add bread flour and yeast according to manufacturer's
Select Basic setting.
- When baking cycle ends, remove bread and
place on a rack. Let cool to room temperature