|Biscotti for Coffee Lovers
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup instant coffee
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon and baking powder.
another bowl, mix together instant coffee with 2 tablespoons warm milk
until dissolved. Whisk in butter, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Stir moist mixture into dry mixture until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips to the biscotti mixture and divide dough in half.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180º C).
- Line the
large baking sheet with parchment paper and shape one half of dough
into a log 12-inches long and about 3-inches wide. Repeat with
remaining half of the dough, placing logs about 3-inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until just firm. Let it cool on pan for about 10 minutes.
logs to cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices
upright on baking sheet, spaced apart and bake for another 15 minutes
or until sides are no longer springy to the touch.
- Let cool on rack completely before storing in air-tight containers. Enjoy with your favorite coffee.